Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, I'm in specing out a Counter-Strike server to build for myself. Right now I'm leaning towards a Dual PIII 1.0ghz system. A couple of things. I am looking at ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Building a Server: Radeon XL on SuperMirco Server Board

Hi,
    I'm in specing out a Counter-Strike server to build for myself. Right now I'm leaning towards a Dual PIII 1.0ghz system. A couple of things. I am looking at the supermicro 370DER motherboard (http://www.supermicro.com/products/m...-SL/370DER.cfm). My main question is about the integrated ATI Rage XL 8mb Graphics. I couldn't find a linux driver for it exactly. I found different things for red hat and enterprise kernel... Anyway, do I need a driver for it since I'm just running a dedicated server program? Does anybody know of or could anybody find me a driver that will work with slackware 10.1? Thanks, otherwise I'm left with no sound card (which I would like but it's okay not to have). My last question is just what is your general opinion of this motherboard, would it be fine to run slackware 10.1 on? I can get it for $10-20. My server will prolly have 2 P3 1.0ghz, 1gb pc133 (4x256), and a turtle beach montego (if it'll work with linux). Thanks, Sam

Linux Enthusiast
    why does your server need a soundcard?

and X will pick that card up no problem, but you could run the box headless with no monitor and run everything via SSH or whatever, and no graphics card would be needed either , even.

Just Joined!
    thanks, im guising x is some sort of linux driver database that is able to run components at at least a basic level. Although a linux pro might not need a video card, I am new and coming from a background of Windows XP Pro operation, so I want something to relate to. I will install the KDE GUI to help me so a video card is important. Any opinions on the board?

Linux Enthusiast
    the board should be fine

X is Xwindows , or Xorg as its now known

read this!

www.slackbook.org