Find the answer to your Linux question:
Does the 10.2 ISO have support out of the well box/cd for IBM ServRaid Raid controllers? Thank you Luma...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

10.2 ISO question

Does the 10.2 ISO have support out of the well box/cd for IBM ServRaid Raid controllers?

Thank you

Luma

Just Joined!

Re: 10.2 ISO question

Quote Originally Posted by Volkerding
    Slackware 10.2 includes the Linux 2.4.31 kernel, with Linux 2.6.13 available in the /testing directory. For the first time, a 2.6 kernel with support for SCSI, RAID, and SATA is offered as a boot option in the installer (called "test26.s")
    I hope this answer is enough for you to remember that the slackware.org site is still there, so, you can look there before asking here

Linux Engineer
    raid.s

This is a bootdisk with support for some hardware SCSI and ATA RAID controllers. The install disks now have preliminary support for these controllers as well. The drivers included are: AMI MegaRAID 418, 428, 438, 466, 762, 490 and 467 SCSI host adapters, Compaq Smart, Compaq Smart Array 5xxx, IBM ServeRAID hardware RAID, LSI Logic Fusion(TM) MPT devices (not really RAID, but added since there was room for this driver here), Mylex DAC960, AcceleRAID, and eXtremeRAID controllers. Many of these controllers will require some degree of do-it-yourself setup before and/or after installation.
    http://www.slackware.org/install/bootdisk.php

Yeah, it does have support for it

Note: In the installation you just need to make sure that you use that image (raid.s).

slith, you may think you're helpful but you're not.. you're not "leet" either
    serzsite.com.ar
    "All the drugs in this world won\'t save you from yourself"

Just Joined!
    It is ver dificult to help people when they are not interested in being helped, actually the just want YOU to do what THEY need to do... They could look at the slackware.org site and see if there was a way, but they do not even try, they just go to a forum and ask someone, if you are lazy, be glad that someone is not and helps you when you should be helping yourself... Try not to be so unkind with sokeone that wasw trying to really help, try to make peouple independente instead of giving them what they should work for...

Linux Engineer
    Yeah I know.. I usually post the urls of Google and Google For Linux so they search next time.
    serzsite.com.ar
    "All the drugs in this world won\'t save you from yourself"

Just Joined!

Would add 2 cents here

Having a source (a person) to bounce questions off of makes folks new to the Linux world want to learn more. Half the time they don't know the question let alone what answer they are seeking. One of the things I have disliked about the Linux Gurus is the need to say' "If you have not sweated over the problem then you don't deserve an answer." You could always go the opposite route and help them first then try to teach.

I know I'll dinged for this but my 2 cents.