Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Hm... perhaps recompilation of the kernel.. try to comile it with the isofs compiled within the kernel, not as a module, may it solves the problem...

Linux Enthusiast
    I'll try that... I just have to reinstall Slack all over again though, I only selected option a and ap during install, so no kernel source or tools.

Just Joined!
    Hm , you said that before, and I let it pass through... I forgot to say that may have packages at the lib sections needed to do lots of things... you may reinstall it with it...

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by bidi
    I'll try that... I just have to reinstall Slack all over again though, I only selected option a and ap during install, so no kernel source or tools.
    Why re-install? You can always install any packages you want from either the cdrom or internet..

whatever..
    serzsite.com.ar
    "All the drugs in this world won\'t save you from yourself"

people are used to reinstalling!

it should work fine with a default 10.2 kernel too

how queer.

Linux Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by kern
    how queer.
    ugh? get a life dude..
    serzsite.com.ar

excuse me?

maybe "how strange" will suit you.

now please don't derail this thread again by saying something completely irrelevent such as 'get a life'

you don't know me, merely took offence to two words I said

now lets get back to slacking eh?

Linux Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by serz
    Why re-install? You can always install any packages you want from either the cdrom or internet..
    Just because I can't get access to the Slack CD (the reason why I posted here in the first place) and I don't have a working internet connection on this computer. It's connecting through a wireless USB adapter that isn't supported out of the box and needs drivers that I haven't been able to get working under Slack yet.

Linux Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by bidi
    Just because I can't get access to the Slack CD (the reason why I posted here in the first place)
    /me feels like a dumb :P
    serzsite.com.ar

Linux Enthusiast
    I think I might have found out what the problem is, the thing is that I had to leave to come to school. I reinstalled 10.1, because it has always mounted CDs, but this time I only installed a and ap. I got mount the drive "mount /dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom" (keep in mind /dev/cdrom is linked to /dev/hdc) and it gave me an error saying that there's no device there and that if I had the ide-scsi module loaded (which I did) it might be found under either sda or sr0. I tried both, and I found out that the CD drive was in /dev/sr0 and was able to mount it. This was all in 10.1, and for some reason I never got that message in 10.2. So when I get home later tonight, I'm going to reinstall 10.2 and try mounting the drive from /dev/sr0 instead of /dev/hdc.