Find the answer to your Linux question:
When installing slack' I decided to change the default shell font, I think the option was in xorgconfig? Anyway I accidently put the wrong one up and know all the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Slackware 10.2: How do I change default font for shell?

When installing slack' I decided to change the default shell font, I think the option was in xorgconfig? Anyway I accidently put the wrong one up and know all the shells/konsoles have a font that doesn't display "/" "\" "|" }" "{" etc. But replaces them with "e" and "a"...

Anyway you can't do anything in linux with out a / or \. So, how can I change the shell font back to a font that recognizes / and \.

Thanks.

Linux Enthusiast
    Run "pkgtool" and run the script again. Should be the second to last option on the main menu.

Just Joined!
    thanks for the tip. I'm a newbie so I'm not exactly sure how to run "pkgtool", Do I just type "pkgtool" (without qoutes) and follow instructions?

Linux Enthusiast
    Yep... I would recommend getting used to pkgtool, it's you package manager, so anything you install or remove will be either using that command (which is what I usually use) or one of the two: "installpkg" and "removepkg". Grab a copy of the SlackBook and read the package manager chapter, it's quite short since there really isn't much mistery behind Slack's package managing.

Just Joined!
    Great thanks will do. I'll let you know how I make out.