Find the answer to your Linux question:
Have tried to connect on my mysql but all I could get are error messeges but had installed all the requrements in the beginning of my slakeware 10.2 installation. Please ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

having problem with my mysql

Have tried to connect on my mysql but all I could get are error messeges but had installed all the requrements in the beginning of my slakeware 10.2 installation. Please what could be the problem?

What errors do you get exactly?

Is it the server that you can't get to work or is it the client where you have problems?

Just Joined!

Post My sql error

Im getting error when i type mysql...also i checked my process no mysqld is running..so im not able to start mysql..these error in occuring..and can u temme how to configure php and mysql using apache ..urgent im doing project on this..plsss..thanks in advance..im using slackware 10 a present which linux distro wil suit for my project???

ERROR 2002: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)

Regards,
    Rsk*.*

Just Joined!
    Maybe it needs to be connected to the internet first? try installing slackware first then after you have the internet hooked up try it.. Maybe..

Linux Enthusiast
    problem with the perms I believe

Code:
    chown mysql.mysql /var/run/mysql
    chmod 777 -R /var/run/mysql
    /etc/rc.d/rc.mysql restart