Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hey guys, I have just installed slackware 10 and it runs really well, and I've had a lot of fun learning my way around the console. When I select Linux ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Help with gnome

Hey guys,

I have just installed slackware 10 and it runs really well, and I've had a lot of fun learning my way around the console.

When I select Linux from LILO, it boots and asks for my username and password. I enter these, then type "gdm" and gnome loads. I then have to type my username and password in again, before the desktop loads.

I think that this may be cause by an error on my behalf during installation. I was wondering if it was possible to boot straight to the gnome login window, without having to login and run gnome manually.

If anyone could provide some help with this regard, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks very much!

Don't worry, you did not make a mistake . Check out this link for changing your default runlevel (what you are looking for).

Bryan
    Looking for a distro? Look here.
    "There can be no doubt that all our knowledge begins with experience." - Immanuel Kant (Critique of Pure Reason)
    Queen's University - Arts and Science 2008 (Sociology)
    Registered Linux User #386147.

Just Joined!
    Bryan;
    Thanks very much for your speedy and informative reply. Problem solved!