Find the answer to your Linux question:
hi group.. just want to ask if there are still other ways of letting my vcd play in xine? iv done all the possible way. . . actually xine-check does ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

xine does not play.. iv checked all the configs. .. it pisses me off. ..

hi group.. just want to ask if there are still other ways of letting my vcd play in xine? iv done all the possible way. . . actually xine-check does not work; an error message appears like : invalid mrl etc... something like that.. iv also check my /etc/.gxine/config and accdg to the pattern i saw.. its the same as mine. . . any other suggestions?

here is the error:

bash-3.00$ gxine
    wine/module: Win32 LoadLibrary failed to load: wmv9dmod.dll, /usr/lib/win32/wmv9dmod.dll, /usr/local/lib/win32/wmv9dmod.dll
    IMediaObject ERROR: 0x40bade36 could not open DMO DLL (0x0 : 0)
    Failed to create DMO filter
    wine/module: Win32 LoadLibrary failed to load: wmvdmod.dll, /usr/lib/win32/wmvdmod.dll, /usr/local/lib/win32/wmvdmod.dll
    IMediaObject ERROR: 0x40bade36 could not open DMO DLL (0x0 : 0)
    Failed to create DMO filter

hmmm wats wrong? ? help please

here's wat i found out...

gxine and xine is owned by root... and its permissions for root and 'me' is rw-r-- respectively...

2. i log in as root in X.. d vcd worked..but its so SLOW... wt i mean the movie sequence ... hmm wats wrong with it??

3. m planning to change the owner of gxien and xine to 'me' will it make d difference?

Uh...a cut and paste of the error would be nice.