Find the answer to your Linux question:
kpackage says unsatisfied dependencies 'libaio-0.3.98-21.src.rpm: V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID', it's the only one, what does it mean i've searched but the 'V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID' message ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

kpackage says unsatisfied dependencies 'libaio-0.3.98-21.src.rpm: V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID'

kpackage says unsatisfied dependencies 'libaio-0.3.98-21.src.rpm: V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID', it's the only one, what does it mean

i've searched but the 'V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID' message is just part of other peoples posts that they dont talk about

thanks

You are installing an RPM on Slackware via kpackage? Did you do an rpm2tgz first?
    Linux Mint + IceWM Registered: #371367 New Members: click here

Just Joined!
    hi thanks, ok, did rpm2tgz, does result=0 mean dependencies are ok to install?

i generally unpack stuff, run install, makes, i've been curious about kpackage

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Quote Originally Posted by casualslacker
    hi thanks, ok, did rpm2tgz, does result=0 mean dependencies are ok to install?

i generally unpack stuff, run install, makes, i've been curious about kpackage
    Packages are easy enough to install via the command line in Slackware. Really, I use kpackage out of nostalgia. When I first started with Linux and Mandrake, I was really, really struggling and ready to quit! Someone on a forum turned me on to kpackage, and suddenly everything was much easier.

If the result was '0,' then go ahead and try to run the app. If you have other dependencies, Slackware will let you know, and you can usually find them at Linuxpackages.net. I have yet to run into a dependency issue with Slackware I couldn't resolve. Many times it's just a matter of making symlinks from where a depenency is installed to where Slackware wants to find it.
    Linux Mint + IceWM Registered: #371367 New Members: click here