Find the answer to your Linux question:
i just switched from cable to dsl, all the xp computers can get on the internet, but i cant get my slackware 10.1 one to work, i am using a ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

dsl

i just switched from cable to dsl, all the xp computers can get on the internet, but i cant get my slackware 10.1 one to work, i am using a linksys router and a westell wirespeed modem

That is strange. If your router was providing you with an internet connection under cable, and all you did was connect it to DSL, then I can't see why it won't work. What's the output of /sbin/ifconfig? Can you ping the router? Did you do any configuration to the router when you changed over? Is it possible the router is blocking you from the internet for some reason? What are the error messages you get when trying to run your browser? Just some thoughts...
    Linux Mint + IceWM Registered: #371367 New Members: click here

Linux Enthusiast

Re: dsl

Quote Originally Posted by iamsam
    i just switched from cable to dsl, all the xp computers can get on the internet, but i cant get my slackware 10.1 one to work, i am using a linksys router and a westell wirespeed modem
    Try changing router's LAN IP address to different than modem uses. I think the problem is because they currently use the same IP addresses.
    Edit:
    For example, if both use 192.168.1.1, than change it to 192.168.2.1.
    Also, enable DHCP Server in your router.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close