Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Alright, will do....
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Alright, will do.

Try to run gmplayer and/or mplayer from the command line. It sounds as if something is wrong.

Bryan
    Looking for a distro? Look here.
    "There can be no doubt that all our knowledge begins with experience." - Immanuel Kant (Critique of Pure Reason)
    Queen's University - Arts and Science 2008 (Sociology)
    Registered Linux User #386147.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by bryansmith
    Try to run gmplayer and/or mplayer from the command line. It sounds as if something is wrong.

Bryan
    yep. Fixed it. It needed a lame plugin, so i got it and it works fine. Everything seems to be working now, I like this Slackware package format, really easy to work with.

Now My only problem is I get Horrible performance when watching DVD's. Stuttering. Im running on a laptop with a 2ghz celeron, and 16mb ATI Mobility Radeon so it should be fine. I think I need to install drivers, or it has to do with the Xfree86 thing.

edit: Ok, only XINE is laggy, Works fine in MPlayer.

edit again: Alright fixed the lag, just had to change the video driver in the setup.

Thank you for all the help. Must say Im liking Slackware now a bit more then Suse. Theres a lot less crap it seems running, and it Generally seems to run faster. Plus the quotes in the Shell are cool.

Linux Enthusiast
    those quotes are easy to disable if you so wish

chmod -x /etc/profile.d/fortune.*

as root

glad you are liking slack

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by kern
    those quotes are easy to disable if you so wish

chmod -x /etc/profile.d/fortune.*

as root

glad you are liking slack
    haha no way the quotes are awesome.

Im having one more weird problem now, with my sound. For some reason in order to get my sound to work, I for some reason have to first open up Xine, and click unmute. Even though in KMix it already is unmuted.

XMMS gets an error "please check audio output, or make sure no program is blocking it", until I do this in Xine. Once I do it all works fine. Its kinda weird. Not a big problem, but any ideas?

Linux Enthusiast
    odd, are you using ALSA?

Quote Originally Posted by SenorDingDong
    Quote Originally Posted by bryansmith

Bryan
    yep. Fixed it. It needed a lame plugin, so i got it and it works fine. Everything seems to be working now, I like this Slackware package format, really easy to work with.

Now My only problem is I get Horrible performance when watching DVD's. Stuttering. Im running on a laptop with a 2ghz celeron, and 16mb ATI Mobility Radeon so it should be fine. I think I need to install drivers, or it has to do with the Xfree86 thing.

edit: Ok, only XINE is laggy, Works fine in MPlayer.

edit again: Alright fixed the lag, just had to change the video driver in the setup.

Thank you for all the help. Must say Im liking Slackware now a bit more then Suse. Theres a lot less crap it seems running, and it Generally seems to run faster. Plus the quotes in the Shell are cool.
    Yes, I'd see if there are drivers on ATI's site, I'm pretty sure they have some for the mobility series, but I only use the Radeon ones so I don't have it memorized.
    Nothing is worse than ten penguins fighting over which is better, vi or emacs.
    Registered Linux User #404402
    Finally I'm back on LF after a long while.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2