Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
and are we talking modem not working or NIC not working? The thing you listed is an ethernet card, not a modem...and there is ample support for that nic in ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

and are we talking modem not working or NIC not working? The thing you listed is an ethernet card, not a modem...and there is ample support for that nic in slackware as is.
    Chicks dig giant mechanized war machines

Just Joined!
    I screwed up. I mistyped my NIC, it's RTL8139. (I was tired).

I'm not sure to understand here: u said u're using a driver from windows to get you nic work?
    No, the module for my NIC was already installed in the Kernel.

I'll get the rest of that information in a second, I gotta boot into slack to get it.

Linux Enthusiast
    I probably wouldnt recommend slackware to you right now wait until you learna few things about partitioning first, and a few other things

Well I did, anyway, helped me a lot.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by onlinebacon
    I probably wouldnt recommend slackware to you right now wait until you learna few things about partitioning first, and a few other things

Well I did, anyway, helped me a lot.
    I'm way passed that now.

lol

Just Joined!

partitioning

I use PM8 for creating root and swap ext3 partions with no problems. Easier than cfdisk. I too use one cd for xp and another for 3 diff. linuxes. Happy slacking.
    LQ SW forum has "This is how I do it all";linuxpackages forum has several install guides and an online slackware book. Bitdefenders web page also goes thru detailed SW install.
    U can also dl free SimplyLinux book by jzblack wc covers SW10 install and config as well as many other os install/configs.
    SW is easy to install once u have some reading/references under ur belt. And have HW list available. I found it eaier than Debian,Fedora and Arch. Keep Slacking. U will learn al ot and have fun.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3