Find the answer to your Linux question:
In the lan network with router with slack,how i can filter the users's downloads.. sorry for the bad english.10x...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

How i can filter the user or limit his transfer?

In the lan network with router with slack,how i can filter the users's downloads..
    sorry for the bad english.10x

Just Joined!
    Take a look at the quota commands in Linux. I believe that they are standard on Linux systems, although I am not sure. If the set of things that create the quota or whatever are what you are looking for, then try this:

To find the quota things, type:

man -k 'quota'

If it (the result output, or list), scrolls off the screen, type:

man -k 'quota' | less

to keep the list on one screen and to scroll the list to see what you are looking for. After looking at the list, try viewing the manual pages that talk about quotas and creating them or using them. I believe the utilities are quotaon or quotaoff (for when you have the quotas made up), setquota (for setting up the quota). My advice is to read the manual page on setquota, because that, I do believe, is where you set the quota for the user.

Bear in mind that you can also set quotas for groups. I qill say that you should read the manual pages on things relating to the topic of quota.

@home...soon in your homes ;) /usr/src/bulgaria
    Have u tried Traffic Shaper?