Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have Slackware 10.2 and Intel 536ep modem.I tried Intel-536EP-4.71 modem drivers and i successfuly did make clean and make 536 so driver compiles without any error or warning messages ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Intel 536ep Modem on Slack 10.2

I have Slackware 10.2 and Intel 536ep modem.I tried Intel-536EP-4.71 modem drivers and i successfuly did make clean and make 536 so driver compiles without any error or warning messages but when i hit make install i get this message:

unknown distribution, no boot scripts loaded

I have 2.4.x kernel and installed kernel source and all other packages (full installation).

I know some one will say buy hardware modem and i will but right now i really need soft modem.

Thanks,

The script wants to modify your bootscripts and cannot find them. You will have to modify your startup scripts to load support for this modem. This probably is the /etc/rc.d/rc.modules script. You can add a line /sbin/modprobe <modulename> in there and it will load automaticly at boot. Other commands can be executed from /etc/rc.d/rc.local.
    I\'m so tired .....

Just Joined!
    Thank you very much for help i will try that!

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    I loaded Intel536 modules wit warning (no gpl licence and shi*).But still wouldn't install drivers.Little correction i said the error was "no boot scripts loaded" the message is "no boot scripts loaded"!

It is from another board but maybe this will help you :
    http://www.linuxquestions.org/questi...hreadid=173483
    I\'m so tired .....

Linux Enthusiast
    its because slackware uses a BSD init layout and not system V

the initscript layout that installed disc is looking for is the layout common with redhat, suse, debian, but not slackware or gentoo.

Just Joined!
    Loooooooool!!!After i tried everything i started to download all uncompiled drivers.Every single driver did the same and finally i tried to install Intel-536EP-2.56.76.0!After same error i tried depmod -a and it reports that something is wrong with Intel536.o so i got there /lib/kernel/modules/2.4.x/ (something like that) and owerwrote Intel536.o with one from same driver package.Then depmod -a and run kppp.Lol it worked.