Find the answer to your Linux question:
man.. i feel retarded on this one.. i think i must be missing somehting... i just installed 10.1 on my laptop and its runnign really fast and i think i ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

slackware and internet

man.. i feel retarded on this one.. i think i must be missing somehting... i just installed 10.1 on my laptop and its runnign really fast and i think i found my new distro... only thing is i cant find the friggin kinternet broadband thing where i can configure my broadband stuff... and im pretty sure there is no pppoe-setup command so im not sure how i get my internet working... im running through a ethernet line to a modem.... any ideas? i must be missing somehitng because this cant be that hard i feel retarded lol nayways thanks -ZAc-
    I can imagine a perfect world, a world without hate, a world without war. Then I can imagine us attacking that world because they\'d never expect it.

uh, try going to http://10.0.0.138 thats what it is for me :P

Just Joined!

internet connexn

For dsl connexn in 10.1 as root use adsl-setup. (10.2 uses pppoe-setup) To connect at boot add adsl-start to /etc/rc.d/rc.local.
    Happy Slacking!

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    oh ok cool thanks guys.. now im connected and when i pull an ifconfig it gives me my ipaddress and says im connected and all (i used adsl-start) i thhought that is what i was supposed to use.. it gives me and ip so it is deffinitally connected and all. but is there like a.. network selector or something i need to use that i dont know about so that i can accually get on the net. when ever i open a browser it acts like its not connected and cant bring anypages up... hmm.. ill keep fiddling wiht it but if awnyone knows of anythign it would be greatly appreacviated. {8^) thanks -ZAc-
    I can imagine a perfect world, a world without hate, a world without war. Then I can imagine us attacking that world because they\'d never expect it.

wao accually i fugured it out {8^) !! lol um.. do i was connected i just needed to get the dchpcd thing going ... where is the rc.whatever file i add that to to make it start at boot? also are those diffrent files for diffrent types of startup stuff? like if i wanted to make aterm start up at boot do i need to put it in a certian file?? -Zac-

accually nevermind... figured it all out. thanks guys for helpin me i think i really really liek slackware so far.. it seems so much faster than all my other distros ive tried... and im pretty sure its not just me...