Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
this is a minor gripe of mine too, the gxine plugin is useless and for some reason i prefer xine over mplayer , even though i know mplayer is probably ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Enthusiast

this is a minor gripe of mine too, the gxine plugin is useless and for some reason i prefer xine over mplayer , even though i know mplayer is probably the better one.

I'll try get mplayer and the firefox plugin working, i am so fedup with seeing 'download plugin here' on some sites.

have you tried upgrading mozilla ? i use 1.7.12 with no video problems (using suse ) you can get it from here http://www.mozilla.org/products/mozilla1.x/

andy
    SLOMO: acer extensa 5235 2.2ghz,2gb ram 160gb hdd wireless
    SPEEDY: homebrew desktop,Amd x2 dualcore,2gb ram,500gb +1tb( 2x500gb) hdd suse 11.3,32mb fibreline
    registered linux user #401845

Quote Originally Posted by kern
    this is a minor gripe of mine too, the gxine plugin is useless and for some reason i prefer xine over mplayer , even though i know mplayer is probably the better one.

I'll try get mplayer and the firefox plugin working, i am so fedup with seeing 'download plugin here' on some sites.

xine plugin just loads the player but never loads the movie. so i gave up and tried with mplayer. and when i say xine loads the player it loads the external player and the plugin player at the same time but neither load the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by deltaflyer
    have you tried upgrading mozilla ? i use 1.7.12 with no video problems (using suse ) you can get it from here http://www.mozilla.org/products/mozilla1.x/

andy
    did you have to install mplayer yourself or was it already installed on that distro? i need to stick with slack on my notebook because its a bit old and newer distros seem to work poorly with it. mplayer wasnt already installed i had installed the codecs from mplayers web site before i installed mplayer.
    Blog
    Registered Linux user 396557

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2