Find the answer to your Linux question:
hello every one, prettty excited - eventually I accomplished my mission which was that of building a substantially powerful server/box and personally assembling every single components that I, of course, ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

slack-win2003server-slack - networking or notworking?

hello every one,

prettty excited - eventually I accomplished my mission which was that of building a substantially powerful server/box and personally assembling every single components that I, of course, chose carefully - but I think I wasnt carefull enough to choose linux compatible components - anyway I have the following problems -
    1) slack10.2 wont work as high resolution, 1024x768, on a 15" flat screen - the
    screen is a Sony CPD-M151 bought on e-bay, however I noticed that it
    works at 73Hz only (according to slack control center) - I had a look
    at /etc/X11/xorg.conf for screen resolution etc... but nothing, so I 'm
    wondering now if there is any chances to get slack to marry this 73Hz
    working-frequency screen (by the way is that american standard frequency?)
    - the graphic car is a, of course, brand new nVidia 128Mb
    2) I connected the the server/box to a permanently connected router which also
    works as a normal access point but nothing would happen, and wont even let
    me go online (....done all the netconfig stuff, ifconfig etc....) - something tells
    me that the motherboard need to be installed some drivers (dual
    motherboard= intel MS440GX with two PentiumIII XEON)

I will wait a little longer for samba setting as the final network will be: the brand new box (just built) running slack10.2 and a dual boot laptop running slack10.2 and windows 2003 server - google wasnt much helpful so I came here
    If you get on the wrong train all the stations you will come to will be the wrong stations.
    Zen

Linux Newbie
    ok guys, i'm sorry - i sorted the connection problem - I must have been really tired last night cos all i needed to do was open an extra channel on the router - anyway now that i have both machine on the same network... how can i get to see each other? -

still havent figured out the screen resolution bit yet - been thinking whether or not installing windows first and all the hardware drivers will make a change

any suggestion appreciated!
    thanx
    If you get on the wrong train all the stations you will come to will be the wrong stations.
    Zen