Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
I booted a live cd, my slack partitions, or more easily, all of hdd is completely stuffed, I'm just gonna get a new computer, as someone told me "it's an ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

I booted a live cd, my slack partitions, or more easily, all of hdd is completely stuffed, I'm just gonna get a new computer, as someone told me "it's an ageing piece of toilet paper" D:

So, yeah, googbye piece of crap, i won't be using linux till i get enough money for a new computer, so =(

Linux Enthusiast
    giving up wont help at all

get the slax livecd , use memtest86 on it to test your RAM - for twenty four hours

if it has a problem , its duff RAM, at least you'll actually know then

if its a software problem, just bite the bullet and reinstall everything, if you partitioned with this in mind in the first place , you might have your data on a seperate partition anyway. no problem.

diagnose the hardware problem, or reinstall the software

theres no need for you to give up on your pc, and linux, at all just yet.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by kern
    boot off the slackware cd then

fdisk -l /dev/hdd to show your partition layout, fsck the ext3 slackware partition. see if theres anything wrong with it.

(why is it on hdd anyway?)

He removed a CD drive - did he change the IDE wire or change master/slave settings. Is the drive in cable select mode? Sounds like a rewiring issue - check your master slave setups for each hard drive.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2