Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
...do we now have at Linuxforums.org? I'm just curious. I'll go first... One. I started using Slackware just over a year ago. After many, many other tries at different distros, ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

How many Slackers...

...do we now have at Linuxforums.org? I'm just curious. I'll go first...

One.

I started using Slackware just over a year ago. After many, many other tries at different distros, Slack just fit me and my computing needs to a tee! I've always been one who believes form and aesthetics should always follow function. Slackware seems to fit in with that ideology nicely. I've really enjoyed the time I've spent with Mandrake, Red Hat, SuSE, Fedora, Mepis, Gentoo, Debian, and all the others and still do. With Slackware however, it's like falling in love for the first time!

Slacker for life,
    Dapper Dan
    Linux Mint + IceWM Registered: #371367 New Members: click here

oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan
    ...do we now have at Linuxforums.org?
    Don't know if it counts, but I'm still a part-time Slacker as it is my secondary distro. I used to be a full-timer but have been stuck on Arch for just over a year now. That said, if Arch should ever become a major irritant in some way, Slackware would replace it as my default distro making me a full-timer once again.
    oz

Linux Enthusiast
    been with slack for about 3 or 4 years now , I just love it

being forced to use gentoo at work, gah, its ok , but you are learning portage, not linux

slackware is simple , and fun, and reliable

Just Joined!
    I've been using Slackware for several years -- haven't even bothered to try other distros.

I used to be a slacker before i've got myself a laptop Now, I'm unable to get several things fixed and the lack of time forces me to use something more light-weight (in configuration), like Suse...

I have been a slacker since i first got sick of ubuntu (xD). I've gotten so used to the slackware installer, i installed it again today in about 1hour or so without even reading the things :P (the 1hour part was becasue i installed everything)

Linux Engineer
    I use Zenwalk, does that count too? :P Slackware-based, and I love the Slackware philosophy... But I don't need the loads of packages it comes with. Zenwalk makes some deliberate choices Slackware doesn't, and I love it for that...

But hey... One love . Peace to all the Slackers!
    ** Registered Linux User # 393717 and proud of it ** Check out www.zenwalk.org
    ** Zenwalk 2.8 - Xfce 4.4 beta 2- 2.6.17.6 kernel = Slack on steroids! **

I'm using slack on the box that'll one day be my server - tho not exactly making a great deal of progress (mostly for want of time, rather than any major difficulties [other than getting wireless cards going ]).

Toodle-oo
    Giles
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are powerless. Our greatest fear is Microsoft"
    Registered linux user #391027

Quote Originally Posted by kern
    being forced to use gentoo at work, gah, its ok , but you are learning portage, not linux
    This must be the first time I have read this.
    Normally people say,
    "I am forced to use windows at work".

That said, I do like Slack. Just to easy to setup though.
    I had everything setup the way I wanted it in less than a day.
    How to know if you are a geek.
    when you respond to "get a life!" with "what's the URL?"
    - Birger

New users read The FAQ

Linux Enthusiast
    I've been using Slack for almost a year now. I use it mainly for my older hardware, though. For my main distro, I still use Debian, which was my first every distro and for some reason still is my favorite. I've also been playing around with LFS for almost a month now, which is where I'm post from.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast