Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have an ASUS Pundit-R case with motherboard. This is the only computer I have found that completely locks up with hotplugging enabled. So, of course I have disabled hotplugging. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Angry hotpluggin buggin

I have an ASUS Pundit-R case with motherboard. This is the only computer I have found that completely locks up with hotplugging enabled. So, of course I have disabled hotplugging. But now I cannot mount anything to the usb drives. What do I do from here? Is there a workaround.

Thanks in advance for any help

Just Joined!
    Are there any other possible problems at all that have ever ocxcurred with other operating systems, like the PCMCIA slot causes something to panic when ejected, or like that? I am asking so I know possibly how to help, because I have had something like that happen to me before, and I remember that I even had a device vanish on me! Again, I am asking so I know how, or if, I can be of help.

Just Joined!
    This computer currently dual boots between slackware and windows xp.

Actually, I did notice one problem in xp with the usb ports. I tried using a usb keyboard, and everytime that I booted up I had to unplug and replug the keyboard once windows was up. I think it may have something to do with the fact that the usb ports on this machine stay powered even when its turned off.

Thanks again for any help.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close