Find the answer to your Linux question:
I know questions like these have been asked a million times before. I have read and read and read and I still can't get my wireless card to work. I've ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

wireless networking help!

I know questions like these have been asked a million times before. I have read and read and read and I still can't get my wireless card to work. I've been working at it for 5 days now.

Here's what I got:
    Dell Latitude CPi notebook
    Slackware 10.2
    Eusso Wireless LAN Cardbus 11Mbps/2.4Ghz IEEE 802.11b

I am very new to linux and I don't have that much computer knowledge under my belt. Someone, please, help.

P.S. I have a cd that has the wireless card drivers on it for windows and also for redhat. I've messed with this, but can't really make any sense of it.

find out what chipset was used in the wireless card. the built in wireless can only handle certain cards. if you dont have one of those cards you have to use NDISWrapper which lets you install the windows drivers for the card.
    Blog
    Registered Linux user 396557

Just Joined!

chipset

The chipset on the card is Realtek RTL8180 I believe. Where can I find out if this type of chipset is usable or not?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    http://www.hpl.hp.com/personal/Jean_...b.html#Realtek

may or may not help but there is the realtek. and from what that made it sound like is that you have to install the ndiswapper and then the windows drivers for your card

http://www.hpl.hp.com/personal/Jean_Tourrilhes/Linux/
    Blog
    Registered Linux user 396557