Find the answer to your Linux question:
Greetz everyone I have the Wireless IntelliMouse Explorer USB mouse... and installed Slack 10.1 with Kernel 2.4.31 problem is that mouse moves up and down only... tryed some xorg.conf things ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

MS IntelliMouse problem

Greetz everyone
    I have the Wireless IntelliMouse Explorer USB mouse... and installed Slack 10.1 with Kernel 2.4.31

problem is that mouse moves up and down only...

tryed some xorg.conf things that i found on the web, but neither worked...:\

any solution? (Kernel 2.6.x maybe?)

Kernel won't make any difference. The only thing that occurs to me is the protocol in your X conf file.
    Check out this page for a lot of mouse configuration info.
    Stand up and be counted as a Linux user!

I am using a logitech wireless mouse on my slackware and it works fine. Here is what I did, I don't know if this made a difference it is just what I did and it worked. It was already set up with a wired keyboard and mouse and then I installed the wireless and it worked with no extra configs.
    Try that and let me know
    make sense?
    Mike
    Some people have told me they don't think a fat penguin really embodies the grace of Linux, which just tells me they have never seen a angry penguin charging at them in excess of 100mph. They'd be a lot more careful about what they say if they had.
    -- Linus Torvalds

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelmo
    The only thing that occurs to me is the protocol in your X conf file. Check out this page for a lot of mouse configuration info.
    as i mentioned, i tryed many many different variations in the x conf file (tryed all of the mouse types)....
    no effect

Just Joined!
    Check out seeing if you need to put the testing kernel on your computer. This seemed to help so I could use the PCMCIA MiniHD in Slackware Linux.