Find the answer to your Linux question:
OK I have just installed slackware 10.2 onto a dell optiplex G1 400 PII 256mb RAM 20Gb hard drive, bios revision A10. I do not have a grpahics card just ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

display drivers?

OK I have just installed slackware 10.2 onto a dell optiplex G1 400 PII 256mb RAM 20Gb hard drive, bios revision A10.

I do not have a grpahics card just the onbaord graphics of the dell itself.
    presently the best I can display is 640 x 480 ughhhhhhh lol
    can some one please push me in the right direction to find drivers so I can at least display 800 x 600 please please please lol

Kia

Just Joined!
    All your problems likely lie in /etc/X11/xorg.conf - This file contains the config for the X display server. Now you are going to have to identify your Video card, altough it is onboard there should be a brand name. Then you need to have X load the right driver, you also need to configure the display resolutions correctly. To simplify things you may want to try running 'xorgsetup' - Slackware will try to redetect your card and configure the resolutions, but you may need to configure it manually with 'xorgconfig' - but I suggest starting by reading the man page on Xorg and identifying your video card to avoid confusion...

Linux Enthusiast
    Run "lspci -v"! Your video card will be one of the last entries of whatever the output is. It'll include more info than you actually need, but it'll include everything you need: brand and model. Then, like was mentioned, run xorgconfig.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close