Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
i will try that. so far so good with the 2.6 kernel. my mouse works properly except what i already said about the scroll wheel. when i initially installed the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

i will try that. so far so good with the 2.6 kernel. my mouse works properly except what i already said about the scroll wheel. when i initially installed the 2.6 kernel it wouldnt work right with out the modules that needed to be installed. so everything worked out once i got them installed. and btw you cant even mount a drive correctly without those modules installed. i think that had to do with the fact that i am running reiserfs and it seemed to be not working right so that mounting the cdrom was impossible. there was something wrong with the ntfs share i mount i am not sure why that is. it seems to have problems that the kernel is not wanting to deal with so it still mounts read-only. thanks for the help.

joe
    Blog
    Registered Linux user 396557

thanks dapper dan for the mouse fix it worked and i now can scroll. i also got the nvidia drivers installed properly. i am going to try installing UT2004 to test it out.
    Blog

i get this in my dmesg for my ntfs share between the two OS boots
    NTFS volume version 3.1.
    NTFS-fs warning (device hdb1): load_system_files(): Volume is dirty. Will not be able to remount read-write. Run chkdsk and mount in Windows.

any ideas?

edit:
    i got UT 2004 working man thats cool to get a game working under linux. i have finally gotten to the point where i wanted to be. the ntfs warning is a little wierd but i can still atleast read from it.
    Blog

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2