Find the answer to your Linux question:
okay, i have a small bit of a problem. today i installed slackware, but when i boot it i get a please inseart root floppy...WTF IS THIS, I ONLY CREATED ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

root floppy...WTF?

okay, i have a small bit of a problem.

today i installed slackware, but when i boot it i get a

please inseart root floppy...WTF IS THIS, I ONLY CREATED A BOOT FLOPPY!

so i put that in and hit enter, and i get a kernal panic

SO, how do i fix this, i know i am being a little vague...i think i installed the
    vzlinuz or somthin like that for my kernal, casue to tell the trooth i didnt aczactly nknow what i was doing , so any help on how to fix this would be nice!

i am a noob at linux to tell the truth, the only other one i have installed is dsl, which is currently my primary boot...THANK GOD IT IS, cause otherwise, i wouldnt be able to try to get help, so if anyone can help, i would love it.

i also know that i seen someone with the same problem, either on this board or another one while i was searching, but i dont remember what, so help?

@home...soon in your homes ;) /usr/src/bulgaria
    where did you install your kernel? on boot/root floppy or in MBR? which disk did you put in when kernel panic occured?
    if you installed it on MBR did you make your linux partition to be bootable?

Just Joined!
    so...here is as mutch as i can remember

i made a boot floppy, then after a little bit, it asked me what i want my kernal to be, i went with the default

so, im guessing what you say is that all i have to do is make my linux partition bootable, casue i dont think it is, let me see if i can use a-terminal to find out, then ill get back to you!!

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    @home...soon in your homes ;) /usr/src/bulgaria
    you can boot your first CD and use the fdisk or cfdisk to see the partition table

Just Joined!
    i got it fixed...i just reinstalled slacware 2 or 3 days ago, and then it worked...