Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, I'm running slackware and i've just tried installing ut2004, install went fine and i've configured the drivers for my NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 card and there working great i ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Smile Open GL & UT2004

Hi, I'm running slackware
    and i've just tried installing ut2004, install went fine and i've configured the drivers for my NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 card and there working great i have other 3D games running
    however when I come to run ut2004 i get an error message

Could not load OpenGL library

History:

Exiting due to error

Any1 know how to fix this

i saw someone had a problem that when they installed the patch for the game it fixed thier problem. i dont think its a problem with OpenGL not being installed unless you did a custom install of select packages. i installed the whole 3 gigs even if i didnt need it. I then installed the game and video drivers and all seems to work well. like i said try installing the patch for the game. if that doesnt work then you might have not installed the openGL libraries. if that is the case you might need to install those. also try googling it and see if anyone else had the same problems.
    Blog
    Registered Linux user 396557

Just Joined!

Smile Thanks for your help

Thanks very much i'll try the patch if this doesn't work then I will try installing a full slackware distro

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close