Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello everyone. I am a noob on this linux world.I know the basics on the command line and thats it. I made my first slack (full) install and with help ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

apache help needed

Hello everyone.
    I am a noob on this linux world.I know the basics on the command line and thats it.
    I made my first slack (full) install and with help I got my wireless connection running.
    Now I need help to run my (apache) webserver.I got a domain name and I am behind a wireless router which serves 5-6 different boxes.
    Can anybody help me make this happen or point me to some direction?
    Thank you.

TBD
    Hi,

Have you compiled and installed Apache already?
    Which version are you using ... 2.2, 2.3?

Apache is a modular server. This means that only the most basic functionality is included in the core server. X-tra features are available through modules which can be loaded into Apache.
    By default, a base set of modules is included in the server at compile-time. If the server is compiled to use dynamically loaded modules, then modules can be compiled separately and added at any time (the best method) using the LoadModule directive.

Otherwise, Apache must be recompiled to add or remove modules.

Just Joined!
    I assume it is installed .First because I did full cd install and second because I see the hhtpd running in ps.
    Regarding to the version I have no idea how to retrieve it.
    Thank you for your reply.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    TBD
    Read through this documentation... It will tell you how to access your default local homepage (created by default), how to start and stop the server, server & module configuration info:

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/

If you still need help ... let me know.