Find the answer to your Linux question:
I was installing slackware and it said my disk was full when it got around the e packages I think. Well, I went into cfdisk and looked at my partitions. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

question about partitions

I was installing slackware and it said my disk was full when it got around the e packages I think. Well, I went into cfdisk and looked at my partitions. There are 3

Hda3 says its primary compaq diagnostics and has like 8 mb.

hda1 is the boot primary paritiotn that i formatted and changed to linux ext3.

hda5 says logical Fat16. both hda1 and hda5 are about 1300mb in space. I was wondering if it would hurt anything if I deleted hda5 the logical partition so I could have more space on hda1 to install linux. Would this logical partition be needed for anything? I'm only afraid to delete it cause I wasn't sure if it'd make my computer suddenly not boot up right or something. I'm never planning on having a dual boot with windows, or windwos on that pc again. Would it be safe to get rid of the logical partition? thanks in advance

Hi turnerbroadcasting and welcome. Slackware says it needs at least 3 gig of space to install and operate properly and even with hda1 and hda5 combined you only have a little more than 1 gig. You might want to look at a distro that will take up less space like DSL or Puppy Linux. In Slackware based, Slax Popcorn and Pocket Linux might fit the bill. Good luck.
    Linux Mint + IceWM Registered: #371367 New Members: click here

Just Joined!

ethernet cards supported by slackware

Thanks for the response. Yeah, I put a 10gb HD in it.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close