Find the answer to your Linux question:
Okay, so I downloaded and installed k3b just fine, without a single problem, however, when I went to burn a cd it only let me burn 7 9mb files on ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

weird k3b problem

Okay, so I downloaded and installed k3b just fine, without a single problem, however, when I went to burn a cd it only let me burn 7 9mb files on a 700mb disc. The problem is it kept saying, and even now on my cd it says there's ten times that much on it, even in my portable cd player. I don't get it. I've never had this problem with any other prog I've used for burning. Any ideas as to why it's saying my files are ten times bigger than they really are?

Just Joined!
    Have you ran the k3b setup? I think I recall seeing something in there where you select your device, speed and so on...

Just Joined!
    Well, I installed gnome, so I've been using what comes with it, mostly. However, I think the problem was I was thinking in MB's instead of minutes, though I'm not sure. If you go by minutes, it worked right, however, if you go by megs, it didn't. I think it's simply a compression issue, since it was audio and not data, thereby changing the format from MP3 to something else.