Find the answer to your Linux question:
Yep you guessed right a 100% Linux noob here. Im trying to install Slackware at the mo in a virtual machine. Ive got Debian installed succesfully and even installed VM ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Formatting partions in Slackware

Yep you guessed right a 100% Linux noob here.

Im trying to install Slackware at the mo in a virtual machine. Ive got Debian installed succesfully and even installed VM tools on it *beams with pride* (took me ages :P) and I'm now trying to get Slackware installed on the virtual machine.

When I originally installed Slackware I used Norton Partion Magic, but obviously I dont get that luxury now. Ive created the virtual drive and ive told it to allocate space first (read it stops a lot of problems). I mounted the install cd iso and booted the scsi.s kernel. It asks me to create partions and the likes, so I type 'cfisk' and I get "FATAL ERROR. Cannot open disk drive", then I try 'fdisk /dev/sdc' (it told me sdc was the first scsi drive) and I get "Unable to open /dev/sdc"

Im using VMWorkstation 5.5 and the hard drive is "SCSI 0:0 Hard Disk 1" (12 GB)

Suggestions?

/meisterjonny out

Just Joined!
    After looking round abit I think I can partion from this Knoppix majigy, gunna have a lookie