Find the answer to your Linux question:
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

hda: attached ide-cdrom driver, help

I've installed slackware on my pc before; but recently everytime i try to boot from a linux cd i get this error "hda: attached ide-cdrom driver."

I reformated my computer but the same thing keeps happening...It just freezes at that error. I want to install slackware, but i cant because of this problem.

I've been searching a lot to find a solution, but never got an exact answer.

is there anybody that can help? i really wanted to get back to learning linux again...

Are you sure that's all it says?... Maybe if you post the entire error message someone could spot the problem...
    If you have a Hard Drive installed, your IDE-CDROM drive could not be hda (this would be your master hard drive)

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    there are messages before it; but the screen freezes when it gets to that error. how would i highlight the error messages because i cant just copy/paste ?

Quote Originally Posted by VECTOR8TOR
    If you have a Hard Drive installed, your IDE-CDROM drive could not be hda (this would be your master hard drive)
    That's not true. On the last 3 motherboards I've used (including the one I have now) my CD/DVD-ROM drives were always identified as hda, and my IDE harddrive was identified at hdc.
    Registered Linux user #270181

anybody know pls?