Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello, i'm new to this forum and slackware linux...i'm trying to install a few programs...these programs have a makefile command...everytime i try to run the command i get this error ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Question Help with makefile command

Hello,

i'm new to this forum and slackware linux...i'm trying to install a few programs...these programs have a makefile command...everytime i try to run the command i get this error -bash: ./Makefile: Permission denied so far this has happened with two programs..

Note:

I'm going into their specific folders to run the command from the shell-Konsole...

anyhelp will be greatly appreaciated...

Thanks

drl
    Saint Paul, MN, USA / CentOS, Debian, Slackware, {Free, Open, Net}BSD, Solaris
    Hi, velkropie.

You are close. However, the Makefile is a recipe that lists the steps to make a piece of software with a minimum amount of work.

The command to use is make. That will will read a file called makefile or Makefile and run through the steps necessary to create the software. So use:
    Code:
    make
    Best wishes ... cheers, drl
    Welcome - get the most out of the forum by reading forum basics and guidelines: click here.
    90% of questions can be answered by using man pages, Quick Search, Advanced Search, Google search, Wikipedia.
    We look forward to helping you with the challenge of the other 10%.
    ( Mn, 2.6.n, AMD-64 3000+, ASUS A8V Deluxe, 1 GB, SATA + IDE, Matrox G400 AGP )