Find the answer to your Linux question:
You ever have one of those days? Ok I just installed slackware 10.0 I ran rsync with slackware-current. I upgraded a now I get this error. I know it is ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Glib_2.3.4

You ever have one of those days?

Ok I just installed slackware 10.0 I ran rsync with slackware-current. I upgraded a
    now I get this error. I know it is something I have encountered before but I am having a block. If someone can just give me a push I think I can get going again:

-bash: /lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.3.4' not found (required by -bash)

Help
    Thanks,
    Mike
    Some people have told me they don't think a fat penguin really embodies the grace of Linux, which just tells me they have never seen a angry penguin charging at them in excess of 100mph. They'd be a lot more careful about what they say if they had.
    -- Linus Torvalds

Linux Enthusiast
    a hunch more than anything, when you upgraded from 10.0 to 10.2

did you follow UPGRADE.TXT?

it tells you to upgrade the glibc libraries before anything else, I know 10.2 and 10.0 use differing glibc versions. maybe this could be something to do with it.

what does
    Code:
    ldd `which bash`
    say?

Ya your right.
    I am usually better than that. Having trouble finding the glib that is not an rpm. Can you supply me with a link? I have a horrific headache. I don't need any ribbing from the peanut gallery today.

Thanks,
    Mike

Oh ya I can't do ldd 'which bash' because I am not local right now and it keeps kicking me off of ssh. I might have to tweak with it tonight when I get home.
    Some people have told me they don't think a fat penguin really embodies the grace of Linux, which just tells me they have never seen a angry penguin charging at them in excess of 100mph. They'd be a lot more careful about what they say if they had.
    -- Linus Torvalds

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Enthusiast

Perfect thanks,
    Headache is almost gone
    *adrenaline can think again

shew! that was a close one.
    -- Linus Torvalds