Find the answer to your Linux question:
How many disk do I need to download? I just downloaded from ftp://slackware.cs.utah.edu/pub/slac...ware-10.0-iso/ the 2 install ISOs but I see two more with source tags, Do I need to download ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Quick Question about Slackware

How many disk do I need to download? I just downloaded from ftp://slackware.cs.utah.edu/pub/slac...ware-10.0-iso/ the 2 install ISOs but I see two more with source tags, Do I need to download them also?

yes, I know i downloaded a bit old version, I didn't notice the others, Is there anyway I can update later without redownloading the ISOs?
    Put your hand in an oven for a minute and it will be like an hour, sit beside a beautiful woman for an hour and it will be like a minute, that is relativity. --Albert Einstein
    Linux User #425940

Don't PM me with questions, instead post in the forums

oz
    forum.guy
    No you won't need to the source ISOs to install. Just the two you downloaded should do it.

Oops... missed the second part - I recommend fresh installs rather than upgrades.
    oz

Thanks, I didn't want to download all them since I have been downloading the two for six hours
    Put your hand in an oven for a minute and it will be like an hour, sit beside a beautiful woman for an hour and it will be like a minute, that is relativity. --Albert Einstein
    Linux User #425940

oz
    forum.guy
    I'm pretty sure you could use something like Swaret or Slapt-get to upgrade (as I've done it in the past), but I've read lots of horror stories about people trying that, so I always recommend doing a fresh install rather than upgrade whenever possible.

Slackware is lots of fun for me, so I hope you enjoy it, too.
    oz

I second what Ozar says. I tried to upgrade from 10.0 to 10.1 with Slapt-get once and it was a disaster. Better to burn the new version .ISOs and upgrade that way.
    Linux Mint + IceWM Registered:#371367 New Members: click here

Is there so much difference between 10.0 and 10.1?
    Where can I get .tgz packages?
    Linux User #425940

Linux Enthusiast
    I don't use slapt or swaret

but I never reinstall, its pointless, I've gone from 9.0 to 9.1, 10.0, 10.1, 10.2 in the past and never had a single problem.

all of my machines will be upgraded to 11.0 the same way, using pats upgrade notes, and not slapts.

in #slackware on freenode, they advise against slapt and swaret whenever possible, and definately for upgrading, I'm not suprised it didnt work.