Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello, Does anybody know of/ have an easy step by step tutorial of installing wine? The other ones I have found to be very confusing. Thanks in advance. Christopher Palmer...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Question wine

Hello,

Does anybody know of/ have an easy step by step tutorial of installing wine? The other ones I have found to be very confusing. Thanks in advance.

Christopher Palmer

oz
    forum.guy
    I've never used wine so can't help at all with configuring it but for simply installing it under Slackware you can find a package built for it at http://www.linuxpackages.net then use pkgtool to install it.
    oz

Just Joined!

update

Hey

The package tool worked GREAT! But I am comming with error messages about .reg nonsense and event handler stuff. Whats going on here?

Chris Palmer

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by likedude15
    Hey

The package tool worked GREAT! But I am comming with error messages about .reg nonsense and event handler stuff. Whats going on here?

Chris Palmer
    Don't know if the wine works gread or you just managed to install it...

Can't help you with that, but i had problems using wine-something.tgz package so i compiled from source and it works fine.

If wine won't work you could download the source from www.winehq.org and install it using wineinstall script, it is located in <dir_where_you_unpacked_source>/tools/wineinstall

or compile it:

./configure
    make depend
    make
    checkinstall - as root, if you want to create an wine-xxx.tgz file, or just make install , also as root

Also, there is a lot of documentation os www.winehq.org

Good luck!

Just Joined!

Update on Wine

I managed to get it running, but I can not run newer apps only the dos based executables. Oh well, Its running on a junk machine, its not much of a loss. Thanks for all you guys help though!

Chris Palmer