Find the answer to your Linux question:
which one is better? I already look into both websites but Swaret seem dead. Plz share your experience with either of these two? Anyway one question about slapt get. If ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

swaret and slapt get

which one is better? I already look into both websites but Swaret seem dead. Plz share your experience with either of these two?

Anyway one question about slapt get. If I use slapt-get, what kind of package I would install to my slackware? Is it deb also? Should I add deb package manager to my slackware?

oz
    forum.guy
    I've used them both and they work about the same in my opinion, but Slapt-get does seem to be updated more regularly.
    oz

Linux Enthusiast
    I use slapt-get just because I can get a package from linuxpackages.net! It works exactly like apt-get, which I'm used to since I use Debian on my main machine.

A side note, is that it's only good if you plan on updating the main system though. Main reason is because it's not recommended to mix repos (there are some overlapping packages in Slack's main mirrors and linuxpackages.net) and Slackware's main mirrors don't really offer that much packages. It's kind of like: "Yes! I have the power of APT on Slack, but not the amount packages!"
    "Today you are freer than ever to do what you want, provided you can pay for it!" --Bad Religion

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    if the packages installed through slapt get, will I get the list of installed softwares on pkgtool?

Talking about repositories, is there any more reccomended repositories than linuxpackages.net?

oz
    forum.guy
    It's been a while since I've run Slack or Slapt-get but if I remember correctly, all packages installed with Slapt-get do show up in pkgtool.

Regarding repositories, Slapt-get comes with a long listing of possible repos.
    oz

woah thanks very much man