Find the answer to your Linux question:
hello again, i guess i'm not a good network adminstrator since (searching for the usual google help) I cant manage to set up my own home network - so here ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

home network: win-win-slack

hello again,

i guess i'm not a good network adminstrator since (searching for the usual google help) I cant manage to set up my own home network - so here I am again asking for help

living in a share house it happen that we share bills, etc... so we have one one connection and three PCs (two runing windows and myself running slackware10.2) and we use a wireless router modem to all access the internet - but now we'd like to also be able to share files and other resources and therefore build a small home network - the problem arise when the two windows boxes are actually using wireless adaptors to access the network and myself a LAN cable

my question is: how can i make my box see the wireless windows machines? and how will they see me?

i tried to write '/etc/hosts.allow' / '/etc/hosts.deny' , but I wasnt very lucky

any suggestions welcome!

many thnx
    If you get on the wrong train all the stations you will come to will be the wrong stations.
    Zen

Before you do anything else, from konqueror
    click Go->Network Folders->Samba shares.
    Your Slackbox should be able to access windows
    shares by default, but you may run into password issues.

The fact that you use wire and the windows boxes use
    wireless should not be an issue, as long as they are all
    connecting to the same router.

To share from Slackware, you need to configure and
    enable the Samba server.