Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
to repair MBR boot into windows install disk>repair mode and type fixmbr that will owerwrite lilo...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

to repair MBR boot into windows install disk>repair mode
    and type
    fixmbr
    that will owerwrite lilo

after that try installing slackware again

Just Joined!
    well the booting is fixed, but it seems either i cant install slackware through vmware to use when i restart my computer, or im doing something wrong, because in vmware, it doesnt seem to be putting any info on the partition at all.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    hm...is not possible any other way?
    i meand dont you have any friend which would give you cd rom for one day?

Just Joined!
    well you have to remember my issue, i cant boot from my USB CD-ROM, my bios doesnt support it.

thats why im asking for non usb cdrom...

Just Joined!
    oh im sorry, i misunderstood. unfortunately, i dont know anyone with a non usb cd-rom. i tried doing it by mounting the iso like the faq says on the slackware.com site as such:

mkdir -p /dos
    mount -t vfat /dev/hda1 /dos
    cd /dos
    mknod /dev/loop0 b 7 0
    mkdir /INSTALL
    mount -o loop /dos/install.iso /INSTALL

but once i type the last line, it says the install.iso doesnt exist. the iso file is in the C: so i dont know whats wrong.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by madnicness
    well the booting is fixed, but it seems either i cant install slackware through vmware to use when i restart my computer, or im doing something wrong, because in vmware, it doesnt seem to be putting any info on the partition at all.
    Hello. I think you might be in the wrong forum. In any case vmware is not used to prepare installations of operating systems for use with your real computer. It is used in order to create and run operating systems in virtual (not real) computer environments either for testing purposes (so as not to ruin your existing configuration on your real pc) or in order to consolidate resources (using two, three or more os's on the same powerfull, memory loaded, computer so as to make the best out of your powerfull system).
    Another good point is that with vms, the whole machine is just a file for the host operating system, so you can move it around, copy it, share it etc.
    You should try a new os in a virtual environment (such as vmware, virtualpc, or even xensource) before trying it for real, but keep in mind that it will never give you 100% the experience of running it like in real hardware. For more info you should the websites of the above products and companies, I don't want to advertize anyone of them.
    If you want to install slackware 11 on vmware you shouldn't have anyproblems (I use it on vmware server).Be carefull older versions than 11 tend to have a problem with installing on scsi disks (even emulated ones) so use an ide hdd on vmware.
    If you want to install slackware on real hardware you should go with a real cd/dvd not usb, in order to minimize problems. If you can't my opinion is to try another distribution like openSuSE for instance. It needs more expensive hardware the Slackware but it's more hustle-free.

Just Joined!
    I'm haveing a problem when i get to the lilo boot menu and when i select linux it goes into boot and then it youst stops and gives me this error mesage http://static.album.email.si/8/1/335...4F5K3LBHAT.jpg
    Can anyone tell me what can i do to fix this and i am using vmware 6.

Tnx!
    Ales

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3