Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have Ati EX600 pro graphic card with 128Mb . I got the latest driver from ati's website and the installer. When I use the insteller it says everything is ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

ATI driver don't work well. Help?

I have Ati EX600 pro graphic card with 128Mb . I got the latest driver from ati's website and the installer. When I use the insteller it says everything is ok but I can't see movies only animation in a small window. I have P4/3000 and 512 Mb Ram so the only problem seem to be the driver. I use Slack 10.2 with kernel 2.6.13.
    Is there a common solution to that problem? I saw some other post about using ATI drivers but found no answer to the problem.

Can anybody help?
    This is the last thing that still connects me to Windows OS.I like Slack much more then Win but that is a problem I can't solve.

Apparently you can get the ATI drivers installed using the .rpm from ATI's site, instead of the installer :
    http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/sla...g-ati-rpm.html

Detailed instructions here :
    http://wiki.cchtml.com/index.php/Sla...allation_Guide
    "To express yourself in freedom, you must die to everything of yesterday. From the 'old', you derive security; from the 'new', you gain the flow."

-Bruce Lee

Just Joined!
    HI thanks a lot. I followed the instructions and it run ok. there is one more thing . When in KDE I open "Configure Desktop" , there is "Settings for screen" which says the screen id is "Screen 1". in xorg.cfg I commented out Screen 1 and left just "aticonfig_Screen[0]" with its options. Why is that happening ? Any idea ?
    Thanks again for the much needed help.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close