Find the answer to your Linux question:
When I booted the disk and went to fdisk section, pressed n to create a new partion, typed in 2 to create a second partion, an error came up saying ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Fdisk Help

When I booted the disk and went to fdisk section,
    pressed n to create a new partion, typed in 2 to create a second partion,
    an error came up saying "You do not have enough space to add a new sector" (or something similar to that.)

I am running an Intel Core Solo Inside laptop thats currently running windows. It probly might have to do with all the partions have been used by windows (even though theres only 1...) and it probaly seems obviouse to all you but im new and confused

and by the way...it might have something to do with Xfree86 (or something like that) because they mentioned it on the intel website...but thats probaly not it.

Thanks in advance
    -Heetlar

-Press Alt and F4 smoke your nose and turn the switch, that your computers power cord is attached to, on and off 30 times to achieve imortality.

If you already have a partition taking all the space on the hard-drive you can't create a second partition until you free some space on that hard-drive. The way to free some space is to shrink the partition taking all the space.

Just Joined!
    How?...sorry..lol im new

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    How?...sorry..lol im new
    fdisk is confusing coz of command line interface. try GParted. its Linux based partition manager and has Graphical interface. download .iso image, burn image to CD through Nero. you will get bootable CD... boot through it and do whatever you want....

.... casper ....
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by devils_casper
    fdisk is confusing coz of command line interface. try GParted. its Linux based partition manager and has Graphical interface. download .iso image, burn image to CD through Nero. you will get bootable CD... boot through it and do whatever you want....

.... casper ....
    ...Its not that confusing...Its the error...Ive heard that fips works , i tried it, and
    my laptop gave me an error. and I dont know anyother one that is free and works in a SANE manner...

It probly might have to do with all the partions have been used by windows (even though theres only 1...) and it probaly seems obviouse to all you but im new and confused
    ..Its not that confusing...Its the error...Ive heard that fips works , i tried it, and
    my laptop gave me an error. and I dont know anyother one that is free and works in a SANE manner...
    you wrote that windows consumed all partitions or there is only when partition...
    if you know how fdisk works, then you should know that you can't resize/shrink existing partitions with fdisk. then why are you using fdisk ?????

.... casper ....

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by devils_casper
    you wrote that windows consumed all partitions or there is only when partition...
    if you know how fdisk works, then you should know that you can't resize/shrink existing partitions with fdisk. then why are you using fdisk ?????

.... casper ....
    Thats Why Im tring to find another program. and Im using fdisk because it comes with it and I didnt say in there that I will not use anyother program.

p.s. Dont use that many question marks...lol

Thats Why Im tring to find another program. and Im using fdisk because it comes with it and I didnt say in there that I will not use anyother program.
    thats why i suggested GParted.....

p.s. Dont use that many question marks...lol
    its my style of writing....... lol

.... casper ....