Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have a Dell Inspiron 6000 with an Intel PRO/WIRELESS 2915ABG card in it. With BackTrack running from the Live cd it recognizes the card but I am not able ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

BackTrack and IPW2915 problems

I have a Dell Inspiron 6000 with an Intel PRO/WIRELESS 2915ABG card in it. With BackTrack running from the Live cd it recognizes the card but I am not able to access the internet. I checked the Wireless Manager and it says that there is no card installed. When i run the "lspci" command it shows my IPW2915 in the list. Would it be easier to buy a new PCMCIA card that is compatible or install drivers for my current card? I'm new to Linux so I'm still learning how to use it, so I can't get the drivers to install correctly when I tried. Any help or ideas are welcome.

I've also tried to install ndiswrapper so I could just load Windows drivers, but when i type "make" it gives me an error saying "Can't find the kernel build files in /lib/modules/2.6.15.6/build; give the path to kernel build directory with KBUILD=<path> argument to make."

Does anyone know where I can view a list of BackTrack compatible wireless network cards? That way, if I do deceide to get a new one I know what kind to get.

You need to install the kernel source for ndiswrapper to work
    Put your hand in an oven for a minute and it will be like an hour, sit beside a beautiful woman for an hour and it will be like a minute, that is relativity. --Albert Einstein
    Linux User #425940

Don't PM me with questions, instead post in the forums

I was finally able to get the card to work. Some how my WEP key had been changed and I was never able to see the changed key for some reason. As soon as I used the new key it worked fine. I'm such a retard!

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close