Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello, I tried installing Slackware 11.0 last night and I kept getting an error when starting the install it acted like it was installing then came up with an window ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Problem w/ install

Hello,

I tried installing Slackware 11.0 last night and I kept getting an error when starting the install it acted like it was installing then came up with an window that said something along the lines of to insert the next installation CD, well, I have no next installation CD as it's all on the DVD .iso. My DVD drive makes a funny thumping noise, and then I get an error at the bottom that says;

Code:
    unmount: /dev/hdd not mount
    I have no problem installing any other distrobution of Linux, which I was able to successfully install Mandriva after I gave up on Slack for the night. Im not sure what I did wrong, or how to fix this. If any one could please assist I would greatly appreciate that.

Thanks,

Dustin

Just Joined!

Slack on DVD

Did you let the installer try to autodetect your DVD?

If you actually DO have the DVD (as opposed to having a CD in the DVD drive), then it should only have given you this problem because it coulnd't find the packages that are normally part of CD2

EDIT 1: I noticed that you specified that you used an ISO - I believe the installer scripts are expecting that the ISO should have been burned to a DVD first, but it should still have noticed that the packages were still available through the loop mounted ISO image.

Just Joined!
    Yes, I let it auto detect.

I did end up solving this issue. For some reason it was trying to install using my other disc drive. Dunno why... there was no slackware DVD in that drive, but I unplugged that drive and it installed fine. Weird eh?