Find the answer to your Linux question:
OK, I had a good install with slack 11, but when I tried to change my resolution in my /etc/X11/xorg.conf I ran into problems trying to reboot, It gave me ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    fvs
    Linux Newbie

Unhappy Can't get KDE desktop?

OK, I had a good install with slack 11, but when I tried to change my resolution in my /etc/X11/xorg.conf I ran into problems trying to reboot, It gave me an error saying "no screen found" Ok so I tried xorgconfig and once more I got this error message "Out of Range" went back and choose defaults and I still can't get booted into KDE or any desktop manager, any ideas?

Blackfooted Penguin daark.child's Avatar
    Run xorgconfig and enter the correct values for you vertical and horizontal refresh rates. The values you entered before were wrong and thats why you get the "out of range" error.

If all else fails, just replace your edited xorg.conf with the old one that was working. As su...
    Code:
    cd /etc/X11
    Code:
    mv xorg.conf~ xorg.conf
    Then start over.
    Linux Mint + IceWM Registered: #371367 New Members: click here

fvs
    Linux Newbie
    OK, Set it back to it's defaults, and have a desktop, but not with my screen capabilities that I have in my other partition (Ubuntu) hda, That has it up to 1440x1440 down to 1024x768? Why can't I set it up the same?
    Second time I rebooted I lost my network connection and tried to reset it in my control panel and got this error message"Lost Connection unsupported platform" with a list of other distros to choose and not Slackware 11? closest one was 10.2, What's happening? How do I correct this one?