Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
remove any kernel source packages, they are useless for this, use removepkg to get rid of both 2.4 and 2.6 kernel source packages. it looks like you have the correct ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Enthusiast

remove any kernel source packages, they are useless for this, use removepkg to get rid of both 2.4 and 2.6 kernel source packages.

it looks like you have the correct modules on, you simply need to install the kernel 2.6 package from the second cd in testing/ using installpkg.

then setup lilo and run lilo again.

You're not actually learning much by me just helping you every step of the way.. what made you choose slackware anyway. it has a very hands on , DIY approach and probably isnt suited for a new user in my opinion.

fvs
    Linux Newbie
    Kern, I'm really learning from you and I'm appreciating your help. I picked Slack to learn more about linux and I'm enjoying it much more than any other distro.
    I'm getting there, I did send for a Slackware book and I'm waiting to get my hands on and reading it. Thanks again. fvs

fvs
    Linux Newbie
    Kern, Got it all working, Installed Kernel 2.6.18 and everything works, But video player still skips, I read it may be X server dosen't have XVideo support. XVideo is an X server extension introduced by XFree86 4.x
    Really don't understand it yet, I'll keep digging, Till I get it right. Thanks for your help.
    fvs

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4