Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello all, as you have probably guessed, I am a Slacker who is dabbling with a GUI login (a.k.a. display manager) . Although, some of you might not agree with ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Customizing XDM???

Hello all,
    as you have probably guessed, I am a Slacker who is dabbling with a GUI login (a.k.a. display manager) . Although, some of you might not agree with a graphical Slackware login, I find myself using the CLI from a terminal emulator more so than the shell.
    So anyway, enough about that . I've switched my runlevel in Slack and have opted to use XDM and not KDM, nor GDM for dependency issues and bloat. I like the minimalist approach of Slackware which is why I use Fluxbox.
    Anyway, by default, XDM doesn't have an option to power-down the system and I've been trying to figure out how to enable it. However, I can't find any tutorials that explain how to set that up. Any suggestions???

Hi southpaw,

Instead of logging out of fluxbox to XDM, why not just open a terminal while in fluxbox, and as su run the shutdown command?
    Code:
    shutdown now -h
    Last edited by Dapper Dan; 11-19-2006 at 01:51 PM.
    Linux Mint + IceWM Registered: #371367 New Members: click here

Just Joined!
    Although that is a good suggestion, it sort of defeats the purpose of what I'm trying to do, thanx.