Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, ive got a D-Link AirPlus DWL-G510(rev. B) wireless network card, and ive been trying to figure out how to install NDISwrapper. after untarring it i went into the folder ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

help with NDISwrapper

Hi, ive got a D-Link AirPlus DWL-G510(rev. B) wireless network card, and ive been trying to figure out how to install NDISwrapper.

after untarring it i went into the folder (ndiswrapper-1.2 and ran make and it gave me this:
    Code:
    cannot find kernel build files in /lib/modules/2.4.33.3/build;
    give the path to kernel build directory with KBUILD=<path>
    Is this because im running the 2.4 kernel? I am completely new to slackware, and to linux in general so any help would be appreciated, if I need to upgrade to the 2.6 kernel would you be kind to tell me how i would go about doing this, thanks ~Vladmere

Just Joined!
    You definately don't need to upgrade. Two things:

First, did you install the kernel source during the installation?
    Second, you should use ndiswrapper-1.1 rather than ndiswrapper-1.2, as 1.1 was the last version that supported 2.4.xx kernel series.

I have successfully gotten ndiswrapper-1.1 to build on the 2.4.33.3 Slackware kernel.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by yumigator
    First, did you install the kernel source during the installation?
    how do I install the kernel source?
    ~like I said I am completely new to slackware, and linux in general, so most of this is a foreign language to me right now.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    On one of the install discs (probably disc 2) there is a directory named extra. Within that directory is another directory named linux-2.4.33.3. When you're there, type
    Code:
    installpkg kernel-source-2.4.33.3-noarch-1.tgz
    This will install the source on your hard drive. You will probably also want to install the headers and modules in the same way.

Just Joined!
    I have the DVD for Slackware 11 and I went into the extra folder, and I do not see a directory for linux-2.4.33.3; the only similar directory that I see is a 2.6.17.? one.

Just Joined!
    /slackware/k/kernel-source-2.4.33.3-noarch.1