Find the answer to your Linux question:
I just did a fresh install of slackware 11 and i installed wine and i get the error below when i run winecfg or wine sol.exe as an example. i ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Wine and Slack 11

I just did a fresh install of slackware 11 and i installed wine and i get the error below when i run winecfg or wine sol.exe as an example. i had wine installed fine on slack 10.2 and it worked great. i tried tar balls of wine for slackware from winehq and from linuxpackages. i also downloaded the source and built it my self and in getting the same error. in the past I've always used the package tarball and it worked great. anyways below is the message I'm wondering if anyone has an idea what i can try.

Mike

mike@marble:~$ /usr/local/bin/winecfg
    Warning: Language 'LC_CTYPE=en_US;LC_NUMERIC=en_US;LC_TIME=en_US;LC_ COLLATE=C;LC_MONETARY=en_US;LC_MESSAGES=en_US;LC_P APER=en_US;LC_NAME=en_US;LC_ADDRESS=en_US;LC_TELEP HONE=en_US;LC_MEASUREMENT=en_US;LC_IDENTIFICATION= en_US' was not recognized, defaulting to English.
    wine: Unhandled page fault on write access to 0x003ffd80 at address 0x60dc1103 (thread 0009), starting debugger...
    Warning: Language 'LC_CTYPE=en_US;LC_NUMERIC=en_US;LC_TIME=en_US;LC_ COLLATE=C;LC_MONETARY=en_US;LC_MESSAGES=en_US;LC_P APER=en_US;LC_NAME=en_US;LC_ADDRESS=en_US;LC_TELEP HONE=en_US;LC_MEASUREMENT=en_US;LC_IDENTIFICATION= en_US' was not recognized, defaulting to English.
    wine: Unhandled page fault on write access to 0x003ffd80 at address 0x60914103 (thread 000b), starting debugger...
    wine: Unhandled page fault on write access to 0x003ffd80 at address 0x60914103 (thread 000d), starting debugger...
    err:seh:raise_exception Unhandled exception code c0000005 flags 0 addr 0x6000c04b
    mike@marble:~$ err:seh:raise_exception Unhandled exception code c0000005 flags 0 addr 0x6000c04b
    err:seh:raise_exception Unhandled exception code c0000005 flags 0 addr 0x6000c04b

mike@marble:~$

@home...soon in your homes ;) /usr/src/bulgaria
    Almost the same here. Slackware Kernel 2.6.18.3; KDE 3.5; nVidia installed
    AAlso tried '/wine-0.9.25/tools/wine.desktop' and it looks like it will strat in a sec /it thinks for a while/ but it disappears

/usr/local/bin/winecfg

err:imagelist:ImageList_ReplaceIcon no color!
    Application tried to create a window, but no driver could be loaded.
    Make sure that your X server is running and that $DISPLAY is set correctly.
    Application tried to create a window, but no driver could be loaded.
    Make sure that your X server is running and that $DISPLAY is set correctly.