Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hey guys, I've got a USB keyboard and a fresh install of Slack 11. Its been about a year since I've run Slack I've been on a mac os x. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Exclamation Lilo / USB Keyboard problem

Hey guys, I've got a USB keyboard and a fresh install of Slack 11. Its been about a year since I've run Slack I've been on a mac os x. Anyway, during the install, my keyboard was unresponsive to the boot prompt from the CD. After a few minutes, the slack cd kernel booted up anyway and I could access root with the keyboard just fine. So I went on with the install. I set up Lilo to get my WXP partition and my slack partition and reboot. When I did, the keyboard doesn't work in lilo. I can get into my bios just fine, but Lilo doesn't recognize it. Is there anything I can do to remedy this?

Thanks in advance.

Just Joined!
    I had the same issues.
    Upgrading the bios helped and now the keyboard is recognised at startup.
    Before upgrading the bios I had to disconnect the usb keyboard just after start and then reconnect a second or two later. It would then be available at the lilo splash.

Just Joined!
    Well, I updated my bios.... and no such luck. The bios still continued to recognize the keyboard. I interacted with the bios to make sure... But as soon as lilo initialized I could not use the keyboard...

If I boot from the CD can I get into my installed area and edit the lilo.conf file to make it read USB keyboard input?

thanks.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    enable 'Legacy USB Support' in BIOS.

casper
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

Just Joined!
    Thanks Devils Casper!

I am running Slackware 13.1 and just replaced my old PS2 keyboard with a USB one, but couldn't change selection in Lilo. Enabling legacy USB support in BIOS solved it.