Find the answer to your Linux question:
I was wondering is there like a emulator or something, so that you can run windows games in Linux? I have WINE but it won't do like certain games, I ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Nooby windows games running in Linux?

I was wondering is there like a emulator or something, so that you can run windows games in Linux? I have WINE but it won't do like certain games, I think it's just dosen't do all the directX stuff and 3D things. So if you know of one that will run almost all windows games please inform me.

C@RL

Check out Cedega. Nothing I know of runs ALL games but this is the best I've found for at least some of the better games.
    registered Linux user #388382

Have you checked here first?

Cedega is base on WINE, WINE does directx but it's implementation is not perfect
    Put your hand in an oven for a minute and it will be like an hour, sit beside a beautiful woman for an hour and it will be like a minute, that is relativity. --Albert Einstein
    Linux User #425940

Don't PM me with questions, instead post in the forums

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    I used to run Half-Life, Trespasser, Starcraft and other Windows games with Cedega and with those games it works satisfactorily. Other games will work anywhere from "OK" to not at all. Funny thing though, when you start fooling around with Linux it becomes so engrossing and interesting that you find yourself working with Linux more and playing games less. On those rare occaisions I DO want to run games, I just boot into Windows now...
    Linux Mint + IceWM Registered: #371367 New Members: click here

You may want to take a look at this: http://cedegawiki.sweetleafstudios.c...Category:Games

It's a database of games that have been documented to work or not work with Cedega. By the way, Cedega is not free.

Bryan
    Looking for a distro? Look here.
    "There can be no doubt that all our knowledge begins with experience." - Immanuel Kant (Critique of Pure Reason)
    Queen's University - Arts and Science 2008 (Sociology)
    Registered Linux User #386147.

Cedega, formerly known as the WineX project, is free... technically in a way =D...

Just download the CVS version of WineX from Cedega's Sourceforge page That's entirely legal =D there's a fantastic script over at

LinuxGamers that does it for you...

You are correct that the cvs version is free and I should have mentioned it. The only thing with the cvs version is actually trying to get it to work. I tried it once and will never try again.

Bryan
    Looking for a distro? Look here.
    "There can be no doubt that all our knowledge begins with experience." - Immanuel Kant (Critique of Pure Reason)
    Queen's University - Arts and Science 2008 (Sociology)
    Registered Linux User #386147.