Find the answer to your Linux question:
I followed their instructions and the installer failed. root@adell:~# sh ./ati-driver-installer-8.31.5-x86.x86_64.run Creating directory fglrx-install Verifying archive integrity... All good. Uncompressing ATI Proprietary Linux Driver-8.31.5............................................ .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Cannot run ATI driver installer

I followed their instructions and the installer failed.

root@adell:~# sh ./ati-driver-installer-8.31.5-x86.x86_64.run
    Creating directory fglrx-install
    Verifying archive integrity... All good.
    Uncompressing ATI Proprietary Linux Driver-8.31.5............................................ .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .............................................Extra ction failed.
    Signal caught, cleaning up

Does any one know why this would happen, and or how to solve this problem?

It could be that you don't have enough space in your /tmp folder. You could try using a different directory to extract it to if that is the case. Not sure how to do that with a .run file. Maybe:
    Code:
    ./ati-driver-installer-8.31.5-x86.x86_64.run /created/temporary/directory
    Linux Mint + IceWM Registered: #371367 New Members: click here

Just Joined!
    root@adell:~# sh ./ati-driver-installer-8.31.5-x86.x86_64.run /created/temporary/directory
    Unrecognized flag : /created/temporary/directory

Didn't work dude.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    When I said "/created/temporary/directory" that means to create a temporary directory to install to. Anyway, I downloaded the same file, ran it and it opened right up with the ATI installer perfectly. First, check to see if you have enough space for the installer to create the necessary temporary file: fglrx-install. Open a terminal and type:
    Code:
    df
    ...and press enter. Post the output back here. If it shows you have enough space for the temporary file to be created, then I'm not sure why this is happening, "dude"...
    Linux Mint + IceWM Registered: #371367 New Members: click here

Just Joined!
    kenton@adell:~$ df
    Filesystem 1K-blocks Used Available Use% Mounted on
    /dev/hdc6 988088 812616 124468 87% /
    /dev/hdc5 4956284 138452 4562000 3% /home
    /dev/hdc3 9920624 2568184 6840372 28% /usr
    /dev/hdc2 101105 5149 90735 6% /tmp
    kenton@adell:~$

Just Joined!
    The problem was space. I downloaded the files as root. Looking at the space that is availible for root I can see why it didn't have enough space to run the program. I copied the files over to my home directory and it worked fine. Thanks Dan.