Find the answer to your Linux question:
i am encountering browser crashes everytime i visit a flash enhanced site. . i would like to ask... WHERE is the right directory for the flash player to be installed? ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

flash player in ffox in Zenwalk 4.2

i am encountering browser crashes everytime i visit a flash enhanced site. .

i would like to ask...

WHERE is the right directory for the flash player to be installed? ?

in

1. /home/user/.mozilla/plugins

OR

2. /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins ? ?

i have downloaded the 2 packges..

the one from adobe site

the other one is from linuxpackages. .

any help? ?

i had also posted this in zenwalk forum.. just seeking for other suggestions
    P4 1.8, 1G DDR ram, 64mb GF2 MX400, 80G WD and 40G Maxtor, ECS mobo. Playing XP,Slack 12.0 and Vector Linux 5.8 GOLD, STD 6.0 Zenwalk 4.6.1, OpenBSD 3.9

What happens when you run FF from the CLI?

I know this may sound odd but what is the DefaultDepth in your xorg.conf under the Screen section? If it is not 24, try changing it to 24.
    Looking for a distro? Look here.
    "There can be no doubt that all our knowledge begins with experience." - Immanuel Kant (Critique of Pure Reason)
    Queen's University - Arts and Science 2008 (Sociology)
    Registered Linux User #386147.

Quote Originally Posted by bryansmith
    I know this may sound odd but what is the DefaultDepth in your xorg.conf under the Screen section? If it is not 24, try changing it to 24.
    That's not necessary anymore with FlashPlayer 9, this bug has been sorted out.

As for installing the Flash player, always use your distro's package manager whenever possible. In this case FlashPlayer is in the Zenwalk repositories, so you can install it like that :
    Code:
    netpkg flashplayer
    "To express yourself in freedom, you must die to everything of yesterday. From the 'old', you derive security; from the 'new', you gain the flow."

-Bruce Lee

Good to know about flash 9.

Are you sure its in the zenwalk repos? I just checked and couldn't find it. If in fact it isn't, here are some instructions (look at the third post).
    Looking for a distro? Look here.
    "There can be no doubt that all our knowledge begins with experience." - Immanuel Kant (Critique of Pure Reason)
    Queen's University - Arts and Science 2008 (Sociology)
    Registered Linux User #386147.

Quote Originally Posted by bryansmith
    Are you sure its in the zenwalk repos? I just checked and couldn't find it. If in fact it isn't, here are some instructions (look at the third post).
    You are right about this one.

I got confused by this, which essentially says that flash was added to Zenwalk repositories on January 18th, then taken off to LinuxPackages on February 2nd (that's the part I missed earlier).

So I guess now it's here.

Once downloaded, it can be installed like that :
    Code:
    installpkg flash-player-9.0.31.0-i486-2kjz.tgz
    I hope that clarifies everything.
    "To express yourself in freedom, you must die to everything of yesterday. From the 'old', you derive security; from the 'new', you gain the flow."

-Bruce Lee

Linux Newbie
    ok i have downloaded the file already.. i will update this post of what will be the result. thanks
    P4 1.8, 1G DDR ram, 64mb GF2 MX400, 80G WD and 40G Maxtor, ECS mobo. Playing XP,Slack 12.0 and Vector Linux 5.8 GOLD, STD 6.0 Zenwalk 4.6.1, OpenBSD 3.9